We seek a Head of Business Development who is responsible for searching, pitching, and closing partners by bringing them to the ecosystem while managing a team of Business Developers & drive growth to the marketplace.
How can you be part of our success?
As the Head of Business Development, you are a communicative leader who develops and executes our business development strategy and actively coaches team members—by:
- Defining the overall business development strategy from launch to scale, including long-term goals to achieve consistent results and exponential growth
- Acquiring new users as per the business plan and retaining them
- Owning your KPI of bringing new, healthy, and performing partners to the platform
- Maintaining positive user relationships post live & ensuring ultimate user experience on the platform
- Possessing and sharing a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning
- Designing and owning onboarding and upskilling, e.g., sales practices for higher partner success
- Mentoring and coaching the team on skills (e.g., sales pitches, partner relationship management workshops) and providing behavioral development (e.g., leadership)
What does this mean in practice?
From day 1, you’ll be able to contribute and grow in your role:
- Within 30 days, you will be a key member of the startup launch team, developing your understanding of the business needs while contributing to help your team overcome pressing business development challenges.
- Within 90 days, you will drive our company’s growth strategy, guiding the entire process from business development to partner onboarding…
- Within 360 days, you will oversee and manage a team that maintains a partnership network in close collaboration with the rest of the business.
What are we looking for?
For our Head of Business Development, we are looking for a strategic thinker and seasoned leader with strong sales skills with C-level customers, who can build our user network. You should have the following qualifications and traits:
- At least 5 years proven track record in Business Development, Sales, or Marketing, preferably in the cement industry or building material industry, in a start-up/tech environment
- Deep knowledge of business development practices; increasing client bases, client acquisition, sales pitches for corporate clients, relationship management, proposal creation and sales follow -up.
- Experienced in working within B2B technical/software products and a reasonable knowledge of products value add.
- Consistent history of having led teams that met revenue goals & exceeded customer retention targets
- Relationship centric, understands value of creating networks throughout the customer to help guide decision-making, improve understanding and increase communication cadence
- Experience in managing growing teams
- Willingness to learn in a fast-moving environment and experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Fluency in English (proficiency in French and Spanish is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, computer science, engineering, information systems or related field, master’s degree is a plus