We seek a Startup CTO, technical co-founder, and product leader that can re-imagine a sector, build a team, and lead our technical development. All of this while having the opportunity to innovate and drive the technology vision for our fast-growing start-up located in Madrid
How can you be part of our success?
As the Startup CTO, you are a visionary, yet hands-on leader that can build our world-class engineering team—by:
- Define the technology and architecture vision and plan to support our user experience, processes, and expansion
- Work with the CEO and senior leadership to determine product plans and their strengths and opportunities within the technical stack and architecture
- Own the overall technical architecture and product platforms as w ell as their short- and long-term evolution
- Gain responsibility for building reusable and scalable architecture and infrastructure (eg microservices)
- Take a hands-on approach and engaging in coding to help illustrate best practices
- Constantly look for new ways to solve technical problems and designing evolutionary solutions while managing cost implications and challenging the status quo
- Design and ow n technical onboarding and upskilling, e.g., engineering practices for higher code quality
- Mentor and coach the tech team on skills (e.g., with code reviews) and providing behavioral development (e.g., leadership)
What does this mean in practice?
From day 1, you’ll be able to contribute and grow in your role:
- Within 30 days, you will be a key member of the management team, developing your understanding of the business and technology needs while contributing to the hands-on resolution of pressing technology challenges.
- Within 90 days, you will ow n our company’s technology strategy, improve and scale up our capabilities, start recruiting critical technology employees, and build the foundation of the long-term platform to scale up the business.
- Within 360 days, you will drive our technology vision and implementation, empowering a high-performing team in an agile and fast-paced environment in close collaboration with the rest of the business.
What are we looking for?
For our Startup CTO, we are looking for a hands-on individual who can build an agile and highly scalable technology platform and team to support our success. You should have the following qualifications and traits:
- 10+ years of experience in technical management and software development, having built products / platforms / marketplaces (from scratch) in a startup is a plus
- Be a seasoned technologist with deep insights into new est tech stacks (NextJS, NodeJS, Express w ith flexibility for Ruby, Python, Elixir, Go, or Rust) and trends – able to articulate and make build versus buy and technology selection decisions
- In-depth knowledge of scalable cloud-native technologies, data integration (e.g., from production and ERP systems), data engineering, and DevOps (AWS, Kubernetes, Lambdas) • Experience in defining and achieving a technological vision and plan, including steering based on OKRs and business value
- A visionary and execution-driven mindset
- Be a catalyst in bringing together stakeholders and delivering w ell-rounded results
- Relevant industry experience in the concrete, cement, or raw material production industries or other B2B industries is a plus
- Fluency in English (proficiency in French and Spanish is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field, master’s degree is a plus