We seek a Talent Business Manager that can provide strategic leadership by articulating people needs to the executive management team and drive activities related to talent management, recruitment, compensation & benefits, learning & development for our fast-growing start-up located in Madrid.
How can you be part of our success?
As the Talent Business Manager, you are a visionary, yet hands ‘doer’ that can provide strategic leadership by articulating people needs —by:
- Counselling executive management team on talent management-related issues
- Helping formulate the company’s talent strategy within the context of overall organizational strategy
- Establishing and implementing talent initiatives that effectively communicate our strategic vision and corporate culture to all employees
- Directing development of comprehensive attraction, recruiting and retention plans to meet short term and long-term talent needs
- Designing compensation & benefits system that is effective and competitive
- Defining and driving learning & development strategy and oversees delivery of training programs
What does this mean in practice?
From day 1, you’ll be able to contribute and grow in your role:
- Within 30 days, you will be a key member of the startup launch team, developing your understanding of the business needs while contributing to the hands-on resolution of pressing talent management challenges.
- Within 90 days, you will own our company’s talent management strategy, improve and scale up our capabilities, build the foundation of the long-term talent management platform.
- Within 360 days, you will drive our talent management strategy and implementation in close collaboration with the rest of the business.
What are we looking for?
For our Talent Business Manager, we are looking for a hands-on individual who can articulate and drive people needs to support our success. You should have the following qualifications and traits:
- Past experience (2+ years) as a Talent Manager, Talent Business Partner or similar, preferably in a digital native environment
- Working knowledge of strategic talent management domains, with a deep understanding of modern talent management approaches and how to improve the overall candidate and employee experience
- Strong understanding of Agile mindset and how to apply this to talent attraction
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate and align organization on decisions
- Wants to unleash inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds
- A burning desire to be a strategic asset to the company and improving employee experience and engagement
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset
- Fluency in English (proficiency in French and Spanish is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business, or related field, master’s degree is a plus